Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 22 - January 15, 2011 -- Reading is FREE!

What an easy day of no spending! I spent the entire day reading. No driving, no shopping, no spending. It was cold and overcast, so I hunkered down under a blanket, drank endless cups of green tea and read. It was the perfect day, actually, and it cost me nothing.

When I got hungry I rummaged around my refrigerator for food -- that was my only challenge today. There's very little food in there, so I'm having to get really creative with fixing things. Late this evening I did manage to create a masterpiece: fresh fruit pie, made with all the random fruit in the frig. The heavenly aroma of blackberry, pomegranate, and strawberry pie filled the house. I took a little taste of the hot, bubbling juices as the pie cooked and it was so delicious! Given that there isn't much else in the house, the pie might have to sustain me for a couple of days.

These are the things I've run out of and haven't replaced:

hair goop
hair conditioner
touch base eye cream
yogurt
Diamond pecan-pie pecans (my friend Janet loves these so much. I could make a serious argument that they are truly one of the necessities of life.)
apples
lettuce and other salad fixings
tuna fish
english muffins
bread
popcorn
cream of mushroom soup
ramen
and, of course, half and half

I'm almost out of:

milk
eggs
fat-free cheese
frozen veggies
tilapia
coffee
beer (left over from New Year's Eve)
pasta
chicken

The best part about tonight is knowing that I've got 2 more days off of work! I can have a repeat tomorrow and Monday, and there will be only 6 more days of necessity vs luxury. Frankly, I look forward to going to the grocery store and buying the things I love most, like yogurt....and did I mention this? Half and half.

Content and slightly richer,
Karrie

2 comments:

  1. Pecan Pie pecans are a necessity I tell you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Janet. Pecan Pie pecans is a necessity! When I go to the store tomorrow to buy salad fixings (see today's blog), I will buy you a couple of packs of them, and then all....well, most of your needs will be taken care of!

    ReplyDelete