Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 10 - January 3, 2011 Earning, not spending

I am a school librarian and my winter break ended today. Back to school -- sans coffee from 7-11. I could've gone to Starbucks with my $30 worth of gift certificates, but opted to set the timer on my coffee maker and take coffee to work. I was really proud of myself because I packed a lunch, too.

In my mailbox at school was another Starbucks gift certificate -- the total is now $35.00! I feel like I hit the jack pot!

The thing about working is that if you're at work it's almost impossible to spend money, so today was really easy. However, on my drive home I stopped at Borders to pick up a 2011 calendar because I had to pay my bills. Is a calendar a necessity? My mom answered that question and said, "Only if you want to know what day it is!" Considering my bills were due and I needed to see what days to pay them, I put the calendar in the necessity column. I waited, though, until after the first of the year because calendars are half price. If I'm going to spend money, I'll try to save as much as possible.

Tomorrow: A question of beauty.

Still sticking to it,
Karrie

No comments:

Post a Comment